The Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistant
Our nursing team offers the following services:
- Dressings, wound care and stitch removal.
- Ear syringing - wax-softening drops must be used 2-3 weeks prior to syringing, for further information on preparation and ear wax management. If however you are unsure of the cause of your ear problem you should see a doctor first.
- Blood pressure - if you have a history of high blood pressure, you should have it monitored regularly. This can be taken through appointment with any of our nursing team.
- Childhood immunisations – by appointment with Nurses Annie and Erin
- Adult immunisation - routine and other immunisations, where there are specific needs or risk are also available. Telephone or book an appointment to discuss your requirements. Please note that we do not offer Hep B for employment purposes, this must be completed through occupational health services.
- Travel Health - vaccinations, malarial prevention and general travel advice is available. Please try to see the nurse at least 6 weeks before you travel. If you have a complicated itinerary, are staying for a long period of time or are backpacking please ask for advice as soon as possible.
- Blood tests - usually at the request of your GP are done by our phlebotomist.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Screening.
- Smear Tests.
- Asthma Reviews.
- Epilepsy Reviews.
- Diabetes Reviews.
- Smoking Cessation - smoking cessation advice is offered by Yvonne Laine (the Health Care Assistant). Please book a double appointment for initial consultation with her.
- Family Planning Advice.
- General Health Checks including BP, height and weight.
- NHS Health Checks.
- Flu Vaccines.