Herne Hill Group Practice is committed to protecting you and your family’s personal information when you are using our website. In order to provide you with some of our services online, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information we may collect about you when you visit hernehillgp.nhs.uk;
- how we will use information we collect about you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
As set out above, we are committed to safeguarding your personal information and respecting your privacy. We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. Information we collect when you visit hernehillgp.nhs.uk
When you agree to participate in or receive a service from our website, such as repeat prescription requests, applying to join the practice or to tell us of a change of name/address, we may ask for personal information about you. This can sometime consist of sensitive information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth and NHS number. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to provide you with the services you select.
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
We use analysis software to look at IP addresses and cookies for the purpose of monitoring site traffic and enhancing your user experience. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you and the log files are regularly purged.
3. How do we use the information?
We may use the information you have given us for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to request or provide you with additional information as deemed necessary in relation to the services your have requested);
- to contact you about a feedback you have made through the website, including complaints;
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use – see paragraph 5 below; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our site.
Where Herne Hill Group Practice proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
As an NHS organisation we will keep your information confidential and do not share data with other organisations except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 5 below.
5. Offensive or inappropriate content on forms submitted from the website
If you send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content through our web forms, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on hernehillgp.nhs.uk, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where we reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have sent may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
6. Access to information we hold about you
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Herne Hill Group Practice holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
7. Internet security
We will take appropriate steps to maintain the security of your data. However, you should understand that the internet is not a secure medium for communication and the confidentiality of an email’s content cannot be guaranteed despite the IT security measures we have in place